Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More Oldies but Goodies

I thought I would post some of my older foundation oil paintings from the first year of grad school.  These are under the tutelage of Zhaoming Wu.  Both from his portrait painting and figure painting courses.  They're in chronological order during the second year of study, 2008.

One of my friends allowed me to crash at their flat during the move out of Academy housing.


One of the new housemates after the move.

Short workshop study that would later inspire my thesis project approach.





Final homework assignment for Zhaoming.

Stage One: Underdrawing and first temperature and color lay in.


STAGE TWO: Primary focal point render and more color on figure.

FINISH: After filling in background, warms and fleshtones to unify.

24" x 36"











No comments:

Post a Comment